Residents of city Marhants are in despair and sounding the alarm. They are writing an open letter to the head of the Dnipropetrovsk Regional State.
Residents of city Marganets are in despair and sounding the alarm. They are writing an open letter to the head of the Dnipropetrovsk Regional State Administration Valentin Reznichenko and to all authorized officials who are able to help. The city, which has been repeatedly shelled, still has not acquired the status of a zone of active hostilities. Locals published an open letter on Facebook.
Manganets is still not included in the list of communities where active hostilities are taking place. The city management does not want to deal with this issue, locals write. They repeatedly appealed to the authorities with such a request, but all in vain:
"There are people whose homes have been destroyed and they cannot stay there. These people are trying to raise any funds for living in their own city on their own."
The city leadership has never taken the initiative to evacuate vulnerable population groups, there is no interaction at the "government-community-citizen" level. Reactions to events occur after the fact.
Help is being provided to the victims, but people need more protection of life, not covering windows, and for this it is necessary to organize an evacuation while the threat of shelling remains, the locals write in the appeal.
There are many elderly people in Marganets, there are families with many children who simply hide in basements at night, because there is no shelter in the city. These people do not have enough funds to leave the city. So people write the following in their appeal to Reznichenko:
"We are turning to you, dear Valentin Mykhailovych, with a request:
1. Contribute to granting the Marganets community the status of a zone of active hostilities.
2. To help organize evacuation transport for low-income people.
3. To provide them with places of temporary stay with the provision of everything necessary (this experience is already gained by volunteers).
4. To pay attention to supporting the work of the communal and social infrastructure of the city for residents staying in Marganka and to do it in the shortest possible time.
5. Create a "hotline" where people could contact with such requests, directly in the regional administration.
6. Allocate sufficient funds for assistance and payments to people who have been left without housing.
7. Provide assistance in providing medicines and first aid to the city hospital (by the way, it was also affected).
Since the beginning of the shelling of our bank of the Dnipro, there have been 5 shellings on the territory of the Marganets community (outside the city) in a month without significant damage. The city of Marganets itself was shelled 6 times (at night on 27.07, 1.08, 7.08, 10.08, 12.08, 14.08): 12 people died, 16 were injured with various degrees of injury.
High-rise buildings, private houses, a city hospital, a kindergarten, a school, an art school, the Miners' Palace of Culture, the administrative buildings of JSC MGZK, the building of the city water supply company, the city council, the National Medical Center, a shop, a cafe, several gas pipelines and electricity networks were damaged.
We hope that you will consider our appeal and that the necessary assistance will be provided. Currently, what is happening helps us all to be in unity and to show what is primary for everyone - humanity." The full text of the appeal is here.